LongHorn Steakhouse and the Darden family of restaurants are committed to sustainability and finding ways to limit impact of our business on the environment. Here are a few ways LongHorn and other Darden restaurants are conserving natural resources:
- Building Efficient Restaurants – Our new and remodeled LongHorn restaurants feature a number of sustainable design elements, including recycled building materials, increased use of natural light and energy-efficient equipment and fixtures.
- Decreasing Energy Use and Greenhouse Gas Emissions – We switched to energy-efficient fluorescent light bulbs in our kitchens, adjusted thermostat settings and altered our cooking equipment power-up schedules to reduce our energy use.
- Decreasing Water Use – We’ve installed low-flow aerators on hand-washing sinks and dishwashing stations to help conserve water.
- Decreasing Waste – We donate high-quality food to local food banks in communities where we operate. We also recycle fluorescent light bulbs, cardboard and used fry oil.
- Engaging Employees – Each restaurant designates a “Green Team” of employees to help implement sustainability initiatives and share ideas and best practices with other LongHorn and Darden restaurants.
For more information about Darden’s commitment to sustainability, visit www.generationcommitment.com.